The Fire That Is Blown Out - About Nirvana, Nirodha, Cessation, Trekcho, Buddhanature

The Fire That Is Blown Out - About Nirvana, Nirodha, Cessation, Trekcho and Buddhanature

Pemako practice is mahayana and this makes the ultimate attainment, the ultimate fruition or the attainment of buddhahood, a special kind of result. Because of the so called “two-fold emptiness”, that is emptiness of selves (1) and phenomena (2), the end result of mahayana is different to the old vehicle or hinayana.

But nevertheless, it is interesting and educative to read different presentations about the “basics” and purpose of dharma practice. Here’s a bit about fruition/cessation and from Ingram’s book. Being a hinayana/theravada man, Ingram uses lots of terms and descriptions that are particular to the practices of that vehicle alone but still all the main points are valid.

I’ll add my comments and points.

Fruition: 15. Fruition – MCTB.org
Nirodha Samapatti: The Cessation of Perception and Feeling (Nirodha Samapatti) – MCTB.org

The way I have experienced it is everything is fundamentally primordially empty, but fully appearing as love; never arising, lovingly appearing